Updates from NOAA,Mobile Traffic, and WKRG CHANNEL 5 (OFFICIAL MEDIA PARTNER)
- All Archdiocese of Mobile Catholic Schools in Mobile and Baldwin counties will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 5, because of expected hazardous weather conditions.
- Mobile County Public Schools will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 5th. All after-school activities, including sports practices and after-school care, are canceled.
- Satsuma city schools will remain closed Wednesday.
- Saraland city schools will remain closed Wednesday.
- UMS-Wright will remain closed on Wednesday.
- Bishop State classes on all campuses will dismiss at 3 p.m. Tuesday. All Tuesday evening classes have been canceled. Faculty and staff will still work their regularly scheduled hours at this time.
- Saraland residents(must show ID) can pick up sandbags on Tuesday morning. More info here.
- The Estuarium at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab will close at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 4 until further notice.
- Faith Academy will dismiss early at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. All after-school activities are canceled.
- Safe Haven Christian Academy & Day Care in Prichard will be closed on Tuesday.
- Mobile Christian School will dismiss early Tuesday and will be closed Wednesday. The lower elementary school will dismiss at 11:10, the upper elementary school will dismiss at 11:20, and the middle and high school will dismiss at 11:30.
- Prichard Preparatory School will dismiss at 12:00 Tuesday.
- Chickasaw City Schools will dismiss early Tuesday and remain closed Wednesday.
- Evangel Christian School (Saraland) will close at 12 noon on tomorrow. After School Care will remain open until 3 pm.
- Trinity Lutheran School and Child Development Center will be closed Tuesday.
- St. Paul’s Episcopal School will dismiss early on Tuesday: Early Education Center at 10:45 a.m.; Lower School at 11:00 am; 3rd-4th carpool 1 dismisses at 11:20 a.m.; 3rd-4th carpool 2 dismisses at 11:30 a.m.; 5th-12th dismisses at 11:30 a.m.
- Covenant Christian School will be closed Tuesday.
- Cottage Hill Christian Academy will have a staggered early dismissal based on grade beginning at 12 noon.
- Christ United Methodist Church Kids Crossing Preschool and MMO will close at 1:00 on Tuesday.
- Rainbow Child Care will be open until 11:30 am Tuesday.
- Bishop State Community College will close at noon Tuesday.
- All Mobile Public Library locations will close at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday
- The University of South Alabama will close at 12:15 p.m. Tuesday and resume as normal on Wednesday, Sept. 5th at noon.
- The University of Mobile has cancelled all day and evening classes beginning at 11 a.m. this morning, Tuesday, September 4, and will resume at noon Wednesday, September 5.
- Mobile Museum of Art will be closing at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, September 4. We expect to be open regular business hours tomorrow, September 5, but we will send out any changes to our hours.
- Bellingrath Gardens and Home will close at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4, and remain closed on Wednesday, Sept. 5. The Gardens and Home will reopen with normal hours at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 6.
- Kimz Kidz will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 5th
- LLWC Kingdom Academy closed Wednesday.
- Mobile Surgery Center closing at 3pm Tuesday, will reopen Wednesday at 8:30am.
- All Catholic Schools in Baldwin County will close at noon on Tuesday. Archdiocesan officers will close at noon Tuesday.
- Baldwin County Public Schools have announced they will dismiss at 11:30 am on Tuesday, September 4, and will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 5.
- Bayside Academy will close at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
- Coastal Alabama Community College to reopen at noon Wednesday.
- The Mississippi Gaming Commission has announced that Coast casinos will close Tuesday no later than 5 p.m.
- Harrison County Sheriff has announced curfew from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m.
George County, MS
- All George County schools will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday and will resume school on Thursday, Sept. 5th.
- Escambia County, Florida public schools closed on Tuesday
- Okaloosa County public schools will be closed on Tuesday
- Santa Rosa County public schools will close early on Tuesday. Check with your school for dismissal time.
- Pensacola Christian Academy classes are canceled for Tuesday, September 4. Afternoon and evening activities are also canceled. PCA is currently scheduled to resume on Wednesday.
- The University of West Florida will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 4.
- Pensacola State College will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 4.
- Gulf Islands National Seashore at Ft. Pickens, Perdido Key, and Opal Beach Day use will close at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 4.
- Naval Air Station Pensacola, Corry Station and Saufley Field will curtail normal operations and close to all visitors and non-essential personnel at 7 a.m., Sept. 4. All employees should contact supervisors for specific information.
- The Executive Committee Meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday, September 4 is rescheduled for Wednesday, September 5 at 5:30 p.m. \
- City offices will close Tuesday at 3 p.m. and non-essential staff will be sent home due to Tropical Storm Gordon. Normal operations are expected to resume Wednesday.
- Navigator Credit Union will close all Branches at 2:00 p.m. today, September 4. Members and employees can check navigatorcu.org and Navigator’s social media pages for updates on tomorrow’s plans.
In preparation for Tropical Storm Gordon, some local communities are giving out sandbags to residents.
-Saraland residents can pick up sandbags at the public works department from 8 until noon.
-Dauphin Island residents can get sand bags at the public works department this morning.
- The American Red Cross has announced plans to open a shelter at Theodore High School Tuesday afternoon. Doors will open at 3 p.m. Read more here.
- Emergency Management announces two shelters to open at 3pm Tuesday.
- Theodore High school at 3 p.m. today for residents of flood prone areas of the county. The American Red Cross will staff the shelter. Residents should bring snack items and bedding.
- A Medical Needs Shelter will open at 3 today at Cranford-Burns Middle School in West Mobile (6175 Girby Road) that is operated by the Mobile County Health Department and Family Health, its primary care division. The Medical Needs Shelter is a shelter of LAST RESORT for patients. Patients with certain medical conditions will be admitted on a case by case basis. Examples of these conditions include: 1. CPAP, portable ventilators needing power 2. Wound care 3. IV therapy 4. Stable oxygen, nebulizer, or sleep apnea treatment 5. Foley/supra-pubic catheter 6. Functional and access needs patients 7. Wheelchair bound requiring minimal assistance with daily living 8. Ostomies
**Each patient will be triaged and admitted on a case by case basis.
**Admittance is on a first come first serve basis due to space limitations.\
In order to be admitted patients must have the following:
1. A caregiver (MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER) – patients will NOT be admitted without one.
2. Valid ID
3. Medical Supplies and medications for at least 72-96 hours
4. Food if a special diet is needed for at least 72 hours.
5. Water, hygiene supplies, anything needed on a daily basis.